Sunday, January 20, 2008

Trillium Lake Snow Shoe Feb 2nd

So, I thought it was about time I blogged about our next Extreme Women's event!
We will do another snow shoe on Mt. Hood. Trillium Lake (on snow shoes) is a five mile loop and a good workout. From the parking lot, we trek down to the lake, wander around it, and then hike back up to the vehicles. There are picnic tables we can dig out to sit on for lunch, but be prepared to eat as we go.

You can rent equipment at Joe's, Sports Authority, any ski shop. Please have your stuff rented before meeting at the church. Bring money for gas and sno park pass, plus treats on the way home.

During the last outing, several gals got blisters. I can't stress enough that it's really importand to wear boots with a tight fit, especially around the heel area. Multiple socks should do the trick, as long as the toes don't get too restricted--that can make them really cold! Any hiking boot, as long as it's waterproof will work. I scotchguard my uggs and wear them :)

Again. layers are a necessity. You can work up a good sweat in a jiffy, then get chilled quickly.

Dogs are welcome, but you might want to outfit them with sweaters and booties. Scout will let a smallish dog borrow hers, because I just don't think it's a good idea to take her out until she's fully recovered. I read that usually dogs with meningitis are treated for 2 months with steroids and gradually weaned off. Scout is so much better each day--thank You, Lord!--but, man, I can tell when the prednisone wears off! Then I remember how sick she really was--and still is without the medication. We are taking her for short walks now (down our sidewalk and back) and she's eating like a pig. She climbed our stairs by herself last night. She's kind of crabby with Pilgrim, but I guess I wouldn't enjoy a little critter jumping on my aching head! It will just take time for them to be tearing around the house like banshees again . . .

Let's meet at church that Saturday at 9 sharp. Sno Park passes are needed for each vehicle.

Call if you have any questions: 503-415-0206

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shawn, I don't see an update on Scout since Sunday. How's our sweet little dog doing? Karen W.